The Volocopter is an all-electric vertical take-off aircraft that is much easier to fly than any helicopter on the market today. It is extremely safe due to the large degree of built-in redundancy. In addition, the Volocopter produces no emissions as it is electrically powered, and is much more silent than a classic helicopter. The Volocopter represents a revolution in mobility.
To support our strong growth, we are currently recruiting a new colleague for the role of
Senior Battery Systems Engineer
Our state-of-the-art battery systems are key to making the Volocopter extremely safe to fly. With your specific experience in integrating batteries into mobility systems you contribute directly to the constant improvement of this unique safe and simple flight experience. As an integral part or our system development team you are the interface between our designer team and our battery suppliers.
- Develop an advanced battery system for the Volocopter, including the battery management system (BMS) and the thermal management of the battery.
- Explore innovative energy storage concepts for the Volocopter, and develop prototypes in close cooperation with external laboratories.
- Elaborate requirements definition and system specification for the battery system.
- Create simulation models that support optimization of the battery system (e.g. thermal simulation).
- Coordinate external partners and suppliers.
- Survey the market for new energy storage technologies, especially for lithium-ion batteries. Assess possible applications for the Volocopter.
- Identify relevant patents related to energy storage.
- Define test plans for the battery system.
- Execute battery system tests
- Coordinate battery system tests with external laboratories and test facilities.
- MSc, PhD or equivalent degree in engineering (electronics, electrics, aerospace, mechatronics, or related field) required
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in developing lithium-ion battery systems, experience in the aerospace field is a plus
- Knowledge and experience in battery system design, battery management systems, cell technology, battery thermal management
- Experience in safety and reliability assessment of lithium-ion batteries
- Ideally experience in simulation and requirements engineering
- Ideally knowledge of technical guidelines for batteries in aerospace (e.g. DO 311)
- Structured way of working, high sense of responsibility and accountability
- Team player, ability to organize and “get things done”, self-starter, flexibility
- Very good English language skills (written and spoken)
- Fast growing high tech company with a supreme network of business partners
- Inspiring working environment with modern work spaces, flexible work time, short lines of communication, positive leadership, great team
- Personal responsibility, growth and learning opportunities, based on your personal strengths
- Competitive salary and employee benefits
- Ability to directly contribute to the future of aviation
Want to join our team?
If you want to contribute to the next revolution in personal mobility, please send us your application.
07251 / 936 94 - 0
D-76646 Bruchsal, Germany
Print version »